Christchurch, New Zealand
Enjoy learning English by the sea in Christchurch – the 'Gateway City' to New Zealand’s spectacular South Island!
With a rich English heritage, great shopping, active night life and a variety of cultural, leisure and sporting activities to enjoy at all times of the year, Christchurch is a great place to live and learn English.
Christchurch has a temperate climate. Daytime temperatures in the warm, dry summer average 22 degrees celcius. Our winter months, June, July and August, can produce frosts and average daytime temperatures of 12 degrees celcius.
What to do in Christchurch:
- Great shopping - Christchurch has several large shopping malls in addition to street shopping & weekend markets.
- Nightlife - Christchurch offers a wide variety of evening activities, including bars, clubs, restaurants, cinemas, karaoke, theatre & concerts.
- Sports clubs - rugby, soccer, tennis, cricket, touch rugby, horse riding & many more.
- Cultural activities - theatre, concerts, summer festivals.
- Leisure activities - numerous hill and coastal walking tracks, cycling tracks, canoeing on the Avon River, etc.
Some of the weekend activities arranged by Seafield School of English:
- Learn to surf
- Snowboarding/skiing at Mt Hutt
- Horse riding
- Farm visit
- Whale Watching at Kaikoura
- Swimming with the dolphins
- Hanmer (hot springs) daytrip
- Akaroa (& harbour cruise) daytrip
- Queenstown long weekend trip
- Nelson long weekend trip
- Cave stream & Lord of the Rings location visit
View Larger Map